Hi my GlitterFriends, today I want to share my best grocery shopping tips with y’all! In the past 7 years being a mom, especially after having my twins, my sense for budgeting heightened tremendously since I had to buy 2 of everything. And the cost of grocery can add up quickly if you are not careful. These are the try and true tips that I apply every time I grocery shop and I will continue to add onto the post as I go. These tips helped me cut at least HALF of my grocery budget (I used to spend $1,500-$2,000 a month on grocery and now I spend about $600 a month) which is very substantial.
So here we go…….
- Always Always Always shop your OWN fridge, freezer and pantry before you go to the grocery store.
- Meal Plan
- Read through your flyers every week
- Write a list
- Write a list on a piece of paper or write it on your phone so you won’t lose it
- Only shop the perimeter of the store
- Only go to the grocery store ONCE A WEEK
- I try my very best to only go to the store once a week. It helps to avoid impulse purchases
- Use Coupons, Mobile Apps and Price Match
- Coupons are like printable cash so I take full advantage of them
- Stock up on extras when they are on sale
- So you never have to run to the store when you need something, you just have to shop your own store
- Avoid buying individually packed items
- Be Mindful
I hope these tips are helpful and please share your best tips with me in the comments as well!
I love to hear from you guys!
Have a wonderful day!