Hello my fabulous friends, today I am going to share with you one of my most requested recipes, Toddler Friendly Quinoa Recipe. As parents, we always try to change up recipes so our babies aren’t bored with the food we put on the table yet they have to be nutritious and yummy. One of the “superfood” that everyone (yes, everyone) should try is Quinoa! Even though quinoa has an unique taste, my twin boys really enjoy it and they have to have it almost everyday. They have been eating quinoa since 7 months old so it tastes perfectly normal to them. For more health benefits information, you can click here.
In our household, my twins aren’t the only ones that eat quinoa, our entire family of five eat them too. We easily go through one bag of quinoa in 2 weeks because we completely replace rice with quinoa. Since we consume so much quinoa, so I tried to find the best deal possible and the cheapest place to get quinoa is Costco. Also, remember to buy pre-washed quinoa to minimize prepping time and bitterness. If you can’t find pre-washed quinoa, you can always rinse them under cold water and rub them to get rid of the outer coating.
Now you have some background information about quinoa, so let’s start cooking:
- 2 cups of Quinoa
- 4 cups of Water
- 4 pieces of skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup of carrots
- 2 tomatoes
1. Put 2 cups of quinoa with 4 cups of water, 4 pieces of cleaned chicken thighs and carrots in the rice cooker.
2. After about 60 minutes, the quinoa should be done! Transfer the content from the rice cooker to a big bowl. Pick out the chicken thighs and put them into the blender.
3. Along with the chickens, put 2 tomatoes and some water in the blender. Blend the content until it smooths.
4. Pour the blended mixture with the quinoa in the big bowl and thoroughly mix them together.
Then you are DONE! I like them put them in containers for easy storage.
Even though it isn’t really appealing but the consistency is perfect for your toddlers and it’s packed full of nutrients. This serving will last our family for about 2 days. The twins can finish an entire container for a meal.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Please comment on my GlitterMommy Facebook Page to let me know what other recipes you guys want to see. I hope your toddler and your family will like it. Please share your re-creation with me on my GlitterMommy Facebook Page and let me know if your family likes it.
Thank you very much for reading! Goodnight!